Sunday, September 9, 2007

Back...

I'm glad to be back. Missed wifey terribly, and wished that she could have been there to celebrate the joyous weekend...

***

We all have memorable moments in our lives, and I can count mine with both hands. A few of them are:
- marrying wifey (top of them all)
- graduating
- back operation

But what defined me for who I am right now is the life experience after high school. Everything I learnt about life in general came from the influence of my friends.. and last weekend, two of them got married. Kris, the often misunderstood but a great great friend, and Marc, the people man, loved by friends, admired by not-so-friendly-friends (as to this day, I have not known anyone who has hated him). So to them, Cheers, and keep enjoying life.

***

The wedding was awesome... The best wedding of this year, though all four was AMAZING... The only drawback was that it was humid, and it was a good thing they gave away fans (pamaypays). LOL. Did I spell that right?

Can you count on my speech as a drawback? It was horrible! Horrible... About 3 hrs before the reception, I was trying to write my speech, and used short description like Greetings, introduce yourself, talk about marc and kris, etc etc. I even wrote a small joke, but, alas... It was so horrible.

I'll blame this first on Kris and Marc. Were you on crack when you decided this? eh? Then to Ian, the best man (este woman) who gave an awesome awesome speech... She's a comedian so my joke seemed so lame and corny. LOL. She's way funny too, and wifey would have enjoyed chatting with her... Oh well.

My speech was to go something like this:
I have known Marc (este Harvie) and Camacho (este Kris) for more than 10 years now, from the time of dating, to courting, to being together, and today. I guess they had many doubters, but not me. No, I see a relationship which defines who they are, and how they match each other perfectly. Sure there were good times and bad times, but as they say, life goes on. And oh how they did. Look at them now, in their brightest hour, their love still shines. So to Mr. and Mrs. Marc Harvie Calim, if there's one thing I learnt from you, it's that Love will prevail even after your Darkest Hour. And in the future when you feel lost and despair, remember that we are here.. just a phone call away.

My actual speech went something like this.
Err.. stutter stutter... hmm. hehe.. Uh.. yes.. Oo nga..

Shayt, and I spoke in tagalog. Sheesh.

***

Highlights of the wedding are:

- Forgetting the box from the hotel containing the marriage certificate. Kyle (Kris' sister), was suppose to hand over the marriage certificate during the signing of the certificate, and with a smile, she says "Kahit ano mangyari, smile pa rin kayo", and she opens the book and a blank paper says something like "Nakalimutan namin yung certificate sa hotel.. Sorry. :)" Get a scanned copy of that!

- After ceremony intro... Walking to a rap tune... Hysterical!

- A small game to determine which table goes first to the buffet table... A representative from each table (Jim and Hal chose me) has to go in front of everyone, and dance... Oh see and believe... I went second. Hehe.. Only because I didn't dance kaagad. Haha.

- Nebula picture taking.

- Kris' friends rapping with the band.

- Kris' cousins playing as a band.

- Marc and Kris' speech.

Please guys, post the pics and vids! Raw ones ok? Personal copy.

***

I'd like to share some travelling tips when going and coming from Dubai to Pinas.
- If you're ticket is paid by your company, book with Emirates Airlines, and apply for Skywards. I now have a free ticket to use just because of Skywards.

- If you're a frequent traveller, try to get the e-gate card. This will reduce the hassle time on the passport control while departing/arriving in Dubai Airport. I have been using mine for more than a year now, and it is one of the cards that I am happy to use.

- If you're flying with Emirates Airlines, use the online check-in. Not only do you choose your own seat (I prefer the window seat A or K), but the travellers at the check-in line is less than 10. This allowed me to receive my boarding pass 7 minutes after I arrived at the airport. Coolness.

- Do not exceed the luggage weight limit. I've been guilty about this in the past, but the rule is there for a reason, and sooner or later, they are going to be strict about this. And if you can try to check in without hand carry (at the cost of exceeding your luggage), then do so. The limit for luggage is 22kg, but mine was around 27kg and had no hand carry, so they didn't even charge or ask me to decrease the luggage weight. This is great because when in Dubai airport, the distance makes you walk long, and there is no hassle inside the airplane. I had a few looks from travellers who were envying me just by briskwalking, while they were bringing backpacks, small luggage, etc.

- And finally, try to tell your relatives/friends who will be picking you up at the airport to not bring the whole batallion with them to act as a welcome committee. It's just not right.

***

It's now 7am and I have to be ready for work. I hope I don't fall down and sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, you can count it with ONE HAND!!

Second, where is the happiness for our unborn child??

WHAT KIND OF FATHER ARE YOU??!? FORGETTING YOUR OWN BLOOD...

tsk, tsk, tsk...

i thought i made the right decision in marrying you......

Glenn said...

@wifey.. but... but... the kid is not yet born.. its still a tiny lil foetus... the size of my thumb right? when it comes out in april, that will be #2 in the list...

and.. the list i mentioned were "a few".. hehe... siyempre im not gonna list down everything.. :D

to naman.. tampo kaagad. hihi...